12 of Tanzania’s most amazing places to visit
Tanzania in East Africa is one of the top tourist spots in the world. The country is a nature lover’s paradise. There are many places to visit in Tanzania and given below are 12 of the most amazing ones:
1. Serengeti National Park – Most of the tourists to Tanzania come for the safari experience and what better place for a safari than Serengeti National Park. The Great Migration is the biggest draw.
2. Ngorongoro Crater – The crater is part of a conservation area. The crater was created millions of years ago but now is home to many wild animals. The black rhino can be spotted here.
3. Mount Kilimanjaro – Many people have a climb to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro on their bucket list as it is considered to be easier than most mountain climbs. It is the tallest free standing mountain in the world but the climb is more like a trek. The mountain is actually a dormant volcano.
4. Zanzibar – The Zanzibar archipelago is where you will find white sand beaches and places where you can snorkel and dive. Spice trade is very famous over there and you can go back home with a sack full of spices.
5. Ruaha National Park – The largest national park in Tanzania but not many visit it. You can find all the animals that are found in the other famous national parks here.
6. Tarangire National Park – If you want to look at lions that can climb trees then Tarangire is the place to go to. You can also find a lot of birds here and many bird watchers frequent this park.
7. Lake Manyara – The lake is known for flamingos which call it their home. You can also watch a lot of other birds here. In the hot climes you can spot elephants, giraffes and wildebeest. It is a great place for photographers and you will find many professional photographers here waiting for that one best shot.
8. Selous Game Reserve – You can view the Big Five in this reserve. This is an ideal place for treks but since it is a reserve you cannot stay here.
9. Pemba Island – Pemba Island is a very nice island with white sandy beaches and turquoise waters. It is locally called the green island and is one of the places where you can meet a lot of divers as it is a well-known diver destination.
10. Mafia Island – Mafia in the local language Swahili means a healthy place. The island is well known for the diving spots that are near it. The beaches are also wonderful.
11. Mahale Mountains – Mahale Mountains National Park is the place to go to when you wish to see chimpanzees. You can see them having fun and frolic in their natural habitat. It is not visited by many people as it is isolated. Avoid the rainy season as it can be very difficult.
12. Lake Natron – Lake Natron is a bird watcher’s paradise and if love flamingos you can find a lot of them here. This is the place to go to if you wish to learn about the Maasai tribe.