10 Tourist Attractions In Tanzania
Tanzania is considered to be one of the best tourist destinations in not just Africa but in the world. Nature has blessed Tanzania in abundance and if you are planning to visit this East African nation then you should not miss visiting these 10 tourist attractions:
- Serengeti National Park: When you think safari the first destination that comes to mind is Serengeti National Park. People the world over visit Serengeti to view the Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra that takes place every year. You can get close to all the big game in Serengeti and learn how they cope in their natural habitat.
- Ngorongoro Conservation area: Contains the Ngorongoro crater that was formed millions of years ago. It is an area where you can see a lot of wild animals including the black rhino. The local Maasai people graze their cattle in the greater conservation area.
- Mount Kilimanjaro: The world’s tallest free-standing mountain as well as the highest peak in all of Africa, Mount Kilimanjaro is a climber’s dream. The mountain is a volcano that is dormant. It is a trek to reach the peak rather than a climb.
- Zanzibar: The island of Unguja which is part of the Zanzibar archipelago is known as Zanzibar. It has been a leading port for spice trade for centuries. The white sandy beaches and the turquoise coloured ocean are a major draw.
- Tarangire National Park: This is a national park where you can find more than 500 species of birds. Bird lovers from around the world visit this park. You can also come across elephants, lions that climb trees etc.
- Ruaha National Park: This national park is the largest national park in Tanzania. The best of wildlife that tourists wish to see can be seen here. Visitors can view lions, elephants, leopards, giraffes, zebras in their natural environment. Not everybody visit this national park; hence you can have a great time here.
- Pemba Island: Also known as the green island, this beautiful island is a lot less crowded than the others. The white sand beaches and the crystal clear waters is what attracts tourists. It is popular among divers too.
- Mafia Island: It has nothing to do with Mafia and Italians or organized crime. The derivation of the name from Swahili means a healthy place to live. The island is great for scuba divers as there are many diving spots near the island. The white sandy beaches are an added attraction.
- Lake Manyara: The lake is home to flamingos as well as many different species of birds. In the dry season when the lake becomes nearly dry you will be able to see hippos, elephants, giraffes and wildebeest. There are many places to stay near the lake and you can have a great time photographing the animals as well as getting near them.
- Selous Game Reserve: This reserve has many animals that you want to see including the big five. You can go on walking tours or on trips in the river but you cannot stay here.
Also Check Our Article Best Destinations to Visit in Tanzania with As Salaam Air To Know More About Tanzania